The Greenbelt Land Trust of Mid-Missouri champions the caretakers of our land resources in eight counties in central Missouri. Greenbelt works to fulfill its mission with the following strategies:
- protecting land through conservation easements and donations
- engaging the community through volunteer and outreach opportunities to assist in restoring natural areas and native species on property we own
- building connectivity by linking protected natural areas with parks and public spaces to provide wildlife corridors, protect valuable natural resources and expand opportunities for low-impact recreation
- guiding policy and planning through careful development of county-wide plans and implementation of Our Natural Legacy Plan
- fostering a culture of conservation by networking members, landowners, and resources.
These strategies promote healthier, more desirable places to live and work.
Photo Credit: Julie Youmans